Monday, December 31, 2007

New Week, Old Month

I started a new running week this morning with a different run--I ran outside with my new Garmin Forerunner 205! I slept in this morning, so ended up getting my workout in just before lunch (as I have today off from work). The run itself was nothing fancy. I parked outside my gym and ran around the shopping center and its parking lot for 20 minutes, going 1.59 miles, according to the Forerunner. That's a 12:34 minutes/mile pace, not as fast as I'm used to going on the treadmill. It was a good reminder that things can be slower out in "the elements," though it was a beautiful morning! It was a little windy, and I was looking out for cars (and also staring at the Garmin on my wrist part of the time!).

After the initial 20 minutes, I went inside the gym and ran another 30 minutes for 2.93 miles, a 10:14 min./mile pace. That's a 4.52 mile total for the day and new week, and 72.65 miles for the month of December. I'm shooting for another 20 mile week this week.

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

Happy New Year Lesley!
Keep up the good work and make it Great in 2008!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails