Friday, December 14, 2007

Running to Win

Yesterday I tried out the online running log on Active.com, since the online log I've been using on CoolRunning.com is shutting down and moving over to the one on Active.com. I tell ya, I just didn't like it as much! It seems to have more clicking, and it seems harder to find things...more cumbersome. I did wonder if it was just me, being "resistant to change." Well, I googled online running logs and decided to try out some others. I think I've come across a winner for now, at Running2win.com. The data entry is easy, and it has some cool mileage graphs. The querkiest thing on it so far is that on its calendar, the running week (with weekly mileage totals) starts on Monday instead of Sunday.

This morning I ran twice on the treadmill, first for 15:01 minutes (1.32 miles), then a pit stop (rats!), then 25 minutes (2.22 miles). Over three and a half miles for the day--yay! Wish I could've done it continuously! My mileage for the week is over 10, first time in--I can't even remember when! I also did 11 minutes on the elliptical.

1 comment:

Earl said...

Hey, Leslie
You left a comment on my blog about the OBX Marathon/half today. Hilda and I have really enjoyed working both the races that have been held, and the runners really seem to like them. The area where we work on the course is on the three or so mile dirt section that goes through the pristine Nags Head Woods preserve. It's really beautiful, and a unique part of the OBX run.
I'm not a runner, so I don't have much experience with marathons, but I've participated in many biking events which are probably somewhat comparable, although they don't require as much logistics (bikes ride on the road with other traffic.) But judging by that experience, I'd say the organization of the OBX is as good as any I've seen. We had over a thousand volunteers taking care of about four thousand runners!
Come on down next year, the Outer Banks is beautiful that time of year and you'll have a great time.
Earl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails