Friday, December 07, 2007

Getting Back on Track

This morning I ran 30 minutes on the treadmill for the second time this week, for 2.71 miles! It was easier today than earlier this week, partly because I got more sleep last night. I also think my body's getting used to the idea of running 30 minutes on a regular basis. I hadn't planned on running 30 minutes this morning, maybe 15-20, so I picked up the speed on the treadmill. It felt okay, so I just kept going. It seems easier sometimes when I exercise in 5 minute chunks.

I've hit my 5-mile running goal for the week, with 5.35 miles, which feels good. I'll stick to this goal for the rest of December, with extra being icing on the cake. I've been thinking about my next goal, and I'l probably shoot for 10 km (6.2 miles) a week next month.

I also did 21 minutes on the elliptical. Nothing like a good night's sleep to help me get more exercise!

Later this morning, I'm co-leading a class at the Rice House. Should be fun! I'm looking forward to hearing Andrea's story as well. I get the impression she's done quite well at home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails