Friday, December 21, 2007

Combo workout

This morning I did 3.18 miles on the treadmill in 35 minutes, then did 25 minutes on the elliptical. It felt good-but tiring, to get back up to an hour of cardio. My quads have been a bit sore since my first 4+ mile run of the week. I'll be glad when the soreness goes away.

I'd been noticing two strange looking weights at the gym, and thanks to Jimmy and his blog, I now know they are kettlebells. Thanks to a video he shared from YouTube, I know how to use them! I actually tried to pick one of them up at the gym this morning, and it was, at 35 pounds, too heavy for me to swing very high. Now I KNOW I have some work to do on my upper body strength!




By the way, where did all these videos on YouTube come from?! There were A LOT of kettlebell videos, just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what all is out there. I'd heard of YouTube, but had no idea.....

2 comments:

Uncivil said...

LOL!!!!!
I see you are intrigued as I was about the Kettlebell.
You tried to workout with a whole "pood"?
I remember reading where some guy said he did a one "pood" snatch for ten minutes and was working up to two "poods"!

I was like...."what in the hell is a "pood"? Sounds redneck don't it?LOL!
I'm only working with 3/4 "pood" at the moment!!!

Check that out on wikipedia!
Have fun! And Merry Christmas Lesley!

Lesley Looper said...

A pood!?! Holy cow! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails