Thursday, December 20, 2007

More mileage

This morning I ran 4.08 miles on the treadmill in 45.01 minutes! This makes the second time this week that I've run more than four miles, and that feels good. Provided I stay injury free, I feel sure I'll be ready for the Coach Bubba 4 Mile Race in February.

My weekly mileage total is 13.5. Wonder if I can hit 20 miles by the end of the weekend. (My new online mileage log has a Monday-Sunday week.) 20 miles/week feels like a lot to me. I'm definitely feeling more tired--especially in the evening, with the extra running. I can see myself topping out at around 20 weekly miles for a while, until I get acclimated. Then I'll set my sites on hitting 5-mile and 10 km distances.

2 comments:

Uncivil said...

You're truckin' right along girl! It'll be a while before I catch up w/ya. The best thing for me so far is that I'm tired enough to sleep at night.

Lesley Looper said...

I'm with ya there! I sleep better at night too, and that is a nice perk. I could probably do well to get to bed a little earlier, but that's been a little hard, as I'm a night owl by nature.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails