Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Longer Run

I ran 4.54 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes! Had a little problem with the falling arches issue in my right foot (which translates into burning under the bridge of my toes), but it wasn't bad enough to stop running. I'm glad to be making progress toward running for an hour straight. I've gotten accustomed to doing cardio for an hour (usually on the elliptical, though, so no impact there), so it's just a matter of getting used to the treadmill and running, with the impact, for a full 60 minutes.

I played with the incline a bit, doing most of the run on a .5% and 1% incline. I also adjusted the speed a bit, starting slowly and picking up speed over the course of the 50 minutes. Sometimes I speed up too much and had to pull back.

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

Good job Lesley! I see I'm going to have to invest in a treadmill!
That's my sis-in-laws secret weapon against me!!!!LOL
I'll have to wait until tax return time probably!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails