Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Am I Getting Hooked or What?

This morning I started with 45 minutes on the elliptical machine at the gym. I'd thought about going the whole 60 minutes, but I was just ready to get off. I thought I'd go 5 minutes on the treadmill, but 5 minutes turned into 20, for 1.85 miles! The pace is a little under 11 minutes per mile, thanks to the treadmill. :) I'm up to 8.5 miles for the week, almost a record for the year!

I wonder if I'm pushing myself too hard, or if I've been underestimating my abilities as a distance runner. Surely, the weight loss has helped.

Meanwhile, I've learned the 2008 date for the Cannonball Run Half Marathon in Greensboro, just an hour down the road. It'll be October 18. It's good to know there's a local option for my first half marathon. I love the idea of going out of town for races, but there may be an advantage of sleeping in my own bed the night before my first LONG (to me) distance race. Hmmm, something to think about. Advice, anyone?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails