Monday, December 03, 2007

30-minute training run!

This morning I ran 30 minutes on the treadmill for 2.64 miles, first time I've hit the 30 minute mark on the treadmill in about 6 months! I followed it with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, so I'm officially TIRED today. It felt good to push myself, but I don't think I've fully recovered from the 5K race on Saturday. So I feel tired on top of tired. I need to listen to that and make sure I get enough rest tonight.

Still, it feels great to be working on my stamina and endurance! My resting heart rate yesterday morning was 44! Sounds abnormal, doesn't it? The nurse who tested it said it was a nice, strong beat.

When I set the elliptical machine this morning with my age and weight (for a more accurate calorie display), it dawned on me that today's the last day I'll be able to put that age down. Wow, it's been quite a year for fitness (and other things!)!

Still waiting on offical race results. (I think I'm obsessing!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails