Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Morning workout

This morning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, than 15:01 minutes on the treadmill for 1.35 miles. My left foot was tender this morning from the plantar fasciitis, probably from the long (for me) run yesterday.

I went to the podiatrist this morning because of a couple of sore places on the bottom of my left foot. Eventhough my diabetes is "in remission," the foot sores have still been a concern to me. I wasn't ready to curb my running much, since it's something I'm having fun with and improving on, but you do what you've got to do. Thank goodness, both sore places were just callusses, which the doctor was able to file down. Already, I can walk more comfortably.

The podiatrist also gave me a recommendation for an over-the-counter orthotic to help with the plantar fasciitis, which is a blessing. (Custom orthotics can cost several hundred dollars!) I can't wait to go shopping for it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails