Sunday, December 09, 2007

Even More Running!

I surprised myself this morning! I got on the treadmill, and apparently got into the groove, because I went 35 minutes for 3.11 miles, almost before I knew it! It felt good to get beyond the 30 minute mark, and it felt even better to hit the 5K mark in training. I felt strong enough to do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine after the 35-minute run, but now I've got the tired sleepies going on. I am missing caffeine this afternoon, that's for sure!

Normally, this would be a great afternoon for a nap, seeing as how it's Sunday and I'm at home. BUT, I've got a final exam to study for and take by midnight for my online computer class through Wake Tech. I'll be done with the class after taking today's final exam, and I'm excited about that. (It's been an interesting class, and I'm glad I took it, but I'm relieved it's wrapping up!)

Thanks to some encouraging post commenters of late (imagine me waving virtually to them!), I'm considering putting a half marathon on my to-do list for 2008. Since I turn 45 next December, it could be a great thing to accomplish in my 45th year, don't you think? Last night, I started scouting out possible halfs, and two appeal to me so far, BOTH scheduled for Nov. 9, 2008, and BOTH on the North Carolina coast! One is the Outer Banks Half Marathon, and the other if the Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon. I'll keep looking, and training. I would love to actually register for one pretty soon, so that I have that solid goal to work toward in 2008. There aren't many 2008 registrations up on the internet yet, though.

Meanwhile, I plan to sign up for some other races (and smaller distances) along the way. I need to be careful to take things fairly slowly, as overtraining could cause the usual injury problems!

2 comments:

kim said...

I'm waving back at you!

I have done battleship 3 times before and always enjoy it. The race is well-organized, the people are friendly, and the route is mostly pretty. I have always thought about the OBX one but have not done it.

My personal fav. is Indianapolis Mini Marathon (half). I did it last year and there were 40,000 people! It is very good for new people as they encourage walkers and there's no pressure at all to be fast (good since I never am!).

Anonymous said...

i haven't done it, but i have heard that the Outer Banks Half and marathon is nice and FLAT! So, if you want beach and a flat street course, this might be one to look into.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails