Saturday, December 08, 2007

Saturday Elliptical

This morrning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I'm still feeling some residual weariness from yesterday's 30-minute run, I think, as I got plenty of sleep last night. My body's a LITTLE more accustomed to running more during the week, but not by much, especially for that "long." (30 minutes is chicken feed to a lot of runners out there, I know!) I need to keep at it, and not rush into adding more distance at this point.


Back when I decided to get back into running (and started this blog), my initial goal was to train for a marathon. I googled marathon training, and was totally surprised. I knew I needed to scale back my goals, but quick! I appreciate marathoning even more now. I remember one marathon training program started with the assumption that the runner was already at a base of 30 minutes of running several times a week, probably a little faster than I'm running, to boot! I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the "Marathon training" assumptions discourage you. I was doing far far less training than you are now and I ran the City of Oaks Half Marathon on Nov 4th, finishing an hour before cut-off for the Half. (and I ran the Free to Breathe 5K the day before. (stupid!) I had nightmares about not finishing or being pulled off the course. But I finished. I ran the Half -- you can too.

Lesley Looper said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Louise! It helps!

How long did you train for the City of Oaks Half? Congrats on finishing-a huge accomplishment, in my book!

kim said...

I did my first marathon six months after I started running. Really, I had never run more than 3 miles in my life when I started marathon training, and I was running maybe once or twice a week at that time. And those 3 miles I was running twice a week? I'd just started that a few months before the 16-week training started.

I finished the Chicago marathon in 5:29:21, which was very close to the very, very end! But I finished, and it was great. I'm not saying you should, but I can say that you can if you want to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails