Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Little Different

This morning I decided to start with the elliptical machine, and went for 15 minutes and 1.14 miles. Nice change of pace there. After the elliptical, I rode on the recumbent bike for 2.19 miles and 12 minutes. Then I ran on the treadmill for 33 minutes and 2.74 miles (12:02 average pace).

Last evening I went to my second Weight Watchers meeting in a row (yay!) and was glad to post a loss there. There was one lady who had returned to the meeting after some time away. She talked about how she'd eaten a half gallon of ice cream, to which she'd added peanut butter and chocolate sauce. Oddly enough, that sounded really good to me! But she shared that by the end, she didn't even like it anymore. Can see that too. After that, at the end of the meeting, people got various little WW awards, and one lady got her lifetime membership! Now, that's a better "prize" than ice cream, peanut butter AND chocolate! To get to lifetime Weight Watchers membership, she had to hit her goal weight and MAINTAIN it for SIX WEEKS! Now, there's determination!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and think it's great that you're planning on doing the 1/2 marathon this year, good work! I've just started running "seriously" and am looking for places in the area for good outside runs that are longer than 2 miles.. (Shelley lake is getting boring.) I've tried googling the Raleigh Greenways maps, but they seem to cross some busy intersections I'm not sure about. Do you have any good places to run outside that doesn't involve heavy traffic?

Anonymous said...

Ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate sauce sounds good to me too. Great job on posting a loss.

Lesley Looper said...

@ El I've done the Raleigh Greenway a little bit as an extension of my Shelley Lake runs, and it makes a good ten miler. It took running with the running group a few times to nail that route.

I've enjoyed running the trails at Umstead Park (Hwy 70 exit) a few times. I've heard Lake Lynn is a nice place to run, but I haven't been yet.

@D10 Yep, that combination of sweet and salty together, hmmmm. Reese's Cup meets ice cream!

Ready for Nov. 2? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails