Thursday, October 02, 2008

Back to Running

I started out on the recumbent bike this morning because all the decent treadmills were taken when I got to the gym. I did 2.54 miles in 15 minutes, then hopped on the treadmill. I thought I might just do 15 minutes on the treadmill, but I ended up going for 40 minutes, logging 3.16 miles. Even at an incline set at 1% and sometimes 1.5%, the pace (12:39 minutes per mile) felt decent. I've been pushing to get my average pace under 13:00, so I'm happy about that. It's nice to be feeling a little stronger as well as more rested.

Sometimes I worry that if I take the time to rest my weary self, that I might get out of sync and have a hard time running again. That may happen someday, but I need to try not to worry about it! Rest is okay!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

"I thought I might just do 15 minutes on the treadmill, but I ended up going for 40 minutes" ... LOL! Now that is funny! :) Nice job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails