Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today's Long Run

I enjoyed this morning's 10 mile long run/walk with the Galloway group a lot. We had a planned route in Cary that's famous for little shade and much concrete (lots of sidewalk running), but our group leader (who's from Cary) decided to take us on a different route that included Bond Park. Very nice! I was able to keep up with the group most of the time, and it showed in my pace, the fastest average pace I've had in 3 weeks! I ended up with 10 miles in 3 hours, an 18 min./mile average pace. Yes, I know some people walk faster than that, so it's a minor victory, but I'm gonna take it and run! (Okay, maybe I'll run/walk!)

Our group leader invited us over to her nearby home for a pool party afterward, which was a treat! In addition to inviting our pace group, she included some other Galloway runners, and it was such a nice chance to socialize and cool off at the same time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails