Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back Inside, Plus Butterflies

This morning I hit the gym, where I enjoyed the air conditioning and didn't miss yesterday's humidity!

1) Walked 2.01 miles (36 min) on the treadmill
2) Rode 2.66 miles (15 min) on the recumbent bike

Yesterday I plugged my Saturday long runs, including mileage, into my Google calendar, and could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I typed in the higher mileage. As George and I were getting ready for work this morning, I told him about it, and he didn't understand what the big deal is.*sigh* His response: "You're the one who wants to run a marathon, right?" Well, yes, but since it's my first one, I still get nervous about it sometimes! Am I the only one with the big mileage butterflies?!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Goodness no! I always get butterflies and worry with the "what if's." What if I can't run that many miles? What if I'm tired? What if..... Remember that you're training your body to get used to being on your feet that long and you're also experimenting with what works and what doesn't. I've only run one marathon so my experience is small but when I hit 18 mile runs my stomach would be upset for hours after. I experimented to find ways so my stomach wouldn't be upset.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails