Saturday, July 04, 2009

Long Run Blahs

This morning I did a long run/walk with the Galloway group at Shelley Lake. The scheduled run was 10 miles, but I only did 8.43 miles in 2:32:00, about an 18:02 pace. Blah. Eventhough the distance was still the longest I've run this summer, I'm still pretty discouraged. I think I stopped short because the parking lot was close, George and Jacob had stopped at 6 miles and gone ahead to Panera, and most of the rest of the group was way ahead of me. Blah.

I did do a 1:1 run/walk ratio with the group for most of the first 6 miles, but walked a good bit of the last 2+ miles. Still, it was basically a fast walking average pace. Blah. And here I'm wanting to pick up my pace and be able to join and hang with the 13 minute pace group before the end of the season. Instead, I'm slippin' and slidin' back within my own pace group. Discouraging.

I think I need to work on an attitude adjustment, and remember the big picture. Building endurance without injury is key here. But when will speed come? I'm working on my diet, sleep, and hydration throughout the week, and I'm getting my mid-week training in. I must be missing something. Maybe it's just patience! ;>

On a positive note, we joined some other Gallowayers at Panera for brunch after the run/walk, and that was a treat! It's such an interesting, fun group of people who run with the Raleigh Galloway group!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Been there. Done that. Some runs are just like that. Have a great 4th of July

Lesley Looper said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Christina! Happy 4th to you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails