Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursday Workout and Fall Race Update

The gym was still pretty crowded with the Resolution crowd this morning, but I was able to get a decent workout in.

1) Ran 3.14 miles on the treadmill in 38:03 minutes
2) Walked 0.50 miles on the treadmill in 6:11 minutes
3) Biked 2.15 miles in 12 minutes

This afternoon, I noticed that the City of Oaks Marathon and Half Marathon have tentatively been set for November 1. That's cutting it close to the annual anniversary trip George and I usually take the end of October. (Our first date anniversary is on Halloween!) Sooo, I also found out that the Outer Banks Marathon and Half Marathon are on November 8! The timing seems better, and it would be a neat trip! Also, I've heard that marathon is rather flat (except for the bridge), and could be a great first marathon. I wonder if I could be ready for a marathon this year. I'd all but talked myself out of that goal for this year, thinking that another year of base mileage would be good for me. But what if I could do it?!

Well, I'll see how the Coach Bubba 20K next month goes. Raleigh Rocks Half in March will be a good indicator of my progress as well. Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails