Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big Running Morning

1) Ran 1.75 miles (20:04 minutes) on the treadmill at the gym near home. After this run, I drove to Raleigh and met a new Meetup group at Bruegger's. The group is planning to train together for the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon, and this was the initial meeting. After the brief meeting, we walked over to Fleet Feet and did the group run they'd advertised.
2) Ran 4.17 miles (57:40 minutes) in a neighborhood near the Fleet Feet store. It was fun to meet some other area runners and get to know them a little better. The time and the miles went quickly.
3) After running some errands, I went to the other gym I belong to, and ran 2.57 miles (31 minutes) on the treadmill there. The facility is very nice, but the treadmills aren't quite as high tech as my other gym. In addition to fewer gadgets and buttons, the treadmills there are set to go into cool-down mode after 30 minutes. After wrestling with it for a minute, I decided to take a bathroom break, then I went back to it.
4) One last treadmill run, 1.86 miles in 22:01 minutes.

That's 10.35 miles in 2 hours, 10 minutes, 45 seconds. Eventhough it wasn't continuous, it was mileage on my feet. I'm tired, but I feel good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of miles! But those miles around Fleet Feet were probably hardest on you. I've run out there and it is HILLY!!!

Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails