Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Long Run

This morning I hit the American Tobacco Trail for my long run, and it felt so good to run outside again. I decided to try a run/walk ration of 5:1, and that worked out really well, by and large, for the first 6 miles. The plantar fasciitis in my left foot has been acting up again, and at mile 6, it hurt bad enough that I needed to do more walking. Bummer. Even still, I ended up doing 8.1 miles in 2 hours, 22 minutes, an average pace of about 5 seconds faster than last week's long run. I'll take that mini-victory!

I discovered that the Circle K convenience store/gas station does not have public restrooms, but the Rite-Aid drugstore does! Woohoo! I used it both on my way out and on the way back. It's only a mile into the run from where I park, but it sure did come in handy. The Solite Park restrooms, at mile 2 from where I park, are closed for the season. These are good things to know!

I noticed a couple of running groups out on the ATT, both of whom passed me. I'll be glad when I'm fast enough to join a regular running group! While running, I thought about forming a running group for people my speed (who want to speed up too!). Hmmmm.

1 comment:

SuperDave said...

The great thing is you keep running along. You nearly hit 1000 miles last year. 8 miler is an 8 miler!!! That distance is where I start to lose my momentum...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails