Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Start to the Week

Yesterday I didn't have time to blog, becasue George and I drove down to Emerald Isle, NC, for the day to visit family. I did get up early and ran for 30 minutes (2.44 miles) on the treadmill. At the beach, we had a nice walk on the chilly beack, 1.55 miles in 34:34. I ended up being just two tenths of a mile from hitting 30 running miles for the week, and I was plenty sore to show for it! If I'd realized that at the gym, I may have gutted it out, but I really didn't need to--in the big scheme of things.

I was still tired this morning, partly from last week's mileage, and partly from driving nearly 400 miles roundtrip yesterday, but I still made it to the gym. Here's my workout:

1) Walked 1.76 miles (30:07 min) on the treadmill
2) Ran 1.22 miles (15:01 min) on the treadmill
3) Walked another 0.60 mile (10:07 min) on the treadmill because the bikes were occupied
4) Rode 2.02 miles (10 min) on the recumbent bike

It's unusual for me to have more walking miles than running miles in a running week (which starts on Monday for me). That'll change soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails