Thursday, January 31, 2008

Over 4 again

I've been trying to see if I can aim for a 4 mile plus average per day this week, and so far pretty good. This morning I ran 4.3 miles in 43:16 on the treadmill, for a 10:03/mile average pace.

I've been taking my running log into the gym with me lately, and it's helped me to be able to write my time and distance down immediately. I like the option of being able to push for a few more seconds or an extra tenth of a mile, and not have to worry about remembering numbers that aren't rounded to a 5 or a 0.

My next 5K is on Feb. 10 in Raleigh. Can't wait to see if my time has improved. Hoping I'll break 38 minutes this time, maybe get closer to 35.

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

I think you might break 30 minutes at the rate your training now!
Take several days rest right before the race!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails