Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Feelin' Like the Energizer Bunny

Again, I went to the gym this morning, feeling tired and aiming for a mile or two on the treadmill. I ended up going 4.8 miles in 50:04 minutes! I hit the 1 mile mark, then two, and just kept going, like Forrest Gump. My average pace was 10:25 m/m, my slowest of the running week, but still not too bad for me. My total for the week so far is 14.66 miles, so hitting 20 should be pretty easy.

I feel the stress level building in other areas of my life, so the running has become very therapeutic. I think it even helps to be on the treadmill, to have it help pull me along and stay on track, stay focused without having to think too much, to be able to pound out the miles without worrying about traffic, safety, or weather. Does that make sense?

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

Wow Lesley!
You are doing really good!

I haven't got the nerve to try to run on my el cheapo treadmill because it is so short and narrow.
I feel almost like I'm starting over since being sick the past week and a half.
Thanks for checking in on me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails