Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tuesday at the Gym, Plus Physical Therapy

1) Walked 1.16 miles (20 min) on the treadmill
2) Ran 0.41 mile (5:01 min) on the treadmill

It was a short workout today, as I had my last appointment with the physical therapist at 7:30 this morning. *yawn* It was a good session, though. We reviewed the exercises I've been doing, and he suggested going to every other day with those. (Stretches can still be every day.) He also showed me some stretches to do while I'm "on the run" outside, to help with the IT bands and hamstrings (also tight).

We talked about my crackling knees, and he said it was "arthritic activity"--yikes! Okay, he's not a physician, but that's what he said. I asked him about running, and he hesitated, then said that with the amount of running I do, I should be fine. He recommended continuing to work on my strength and flexibility, and to get into some sort of pool program. Sounds like crosstraining is key. I'm going to look into UNC Wellness again, since my current gym doesn't have a pool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails