Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Running, Plus Gym Tour

1) Rode 5.4 miles (30:07 min) on the recumbent bike
2) Stretched about 5 min
3) Walked 1.25 min (21 min) on the treadmill
4) Ran 1 mile (12:05 min) on the treadmill--felt good, but time to get ready for work

Last evening after work, I decided to go by UNC Wellness Center for a visit. I called George, who was on his way home too, and he met me there. I was glad he joined me, because as usual, he came up with some questions for the staff that I wouldn't have come up with, or taken the time to ask. I was impressed by all the cardio and strength training equipment, as well as the indoor track. The pool, hot tub, and sauna area are very nice, too, and the locker room seems to be well stocked. I'm also attracted to the class list, which includes yoga (there's even a "Yoga for Athletes" class!), tai chi, aqua, and other interesting stuff, in addition to the regular aerobics and spinning classes. I'm going to think about it some more, and see my orthopaedist next week. Meanwhile, my regular gym looked a little dingy and boring this morning, but it's mighty convenient, being right across the street from my apartment complex!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails