Saturday, June 20, 2009

Long, Slow Run with Galloway Group

I joined the Galloway training group again for a long run near Cameron Village. We met at the Athlete's Foot, and went out from there. It was the hottest day so far. and I felt it! One of my goals today was to stay closer to the group leader, but she slowed down today, so that wasn't as hard! We ended up going 6 miles in 1:47:00 (okay, I kept walking til I hit 6 miles even!), a 17:50 pace--25 seconds slower per mile than last week! :[ This is probably the best pace group for me right now, but I so want to be faster!

So, what can I do in the coming week to work on my running?
1) Practice running more outside, using the run/walk method, and work on pace
2) Work on calories in vs. calories out, good nutrition, in hopes of losing weight. Lighter people can potentially run faster.
3) Work on flexibility--make getting to a yoga class a priority, and continue stretching IT bands (current trouble spot)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails