Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy Tuesday

I kept the workout short this morning, as I had an appointment with the doctor this morning.

1) Walked 1.75 miles (30 min) on the treadmill
2) Ran 0.15 mile (2 min) on the treadmill---yes, pitiful, I know!
3) Stretched IT bands and did hip and glute strength exercises

The orthopaedist was glad my IT band was doing better, and said the knee noise is crepitus. No arthritis yet. She tested my quads and hamstrings, and said I REALLY need to work on flexibility and strength for my knee health. So, I'm planning to try a yoga class tomorrow night (hoping I can get away from work on time!).

Tonight, George and I joined the Raleigh Galloway group for a happy hour at Tobacco Road. I hadn't been there before, so it was fun trying a new place and seeing familiar faces. It was fun chatting with runner friends in normal clothes, with hair down and no sweating. I ended up eating supper there, a tomato and avocado sandwich with cheese grits as my side dish. It was yummy, and a wonderful change of pace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails