Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ouch!

My right thigh and hip (sort of ) area are still sore today. They felt better when I got up, but when I exercised, and afterward now, not so much. What does this tell me? Hmmmm. Anyway, I accomplished a little:

1) Walked 2.35 miles (40 min) on the treadmill
2) Ran 0.90 mile (11 min) on the treadmill. Went until I felt a sharper twang, had to stop!
3) Walked 0.66 mile (12 min) on the treadmill, slower pace.
4) Tried running long enough to get the extra tenth of a mile of running in, couldn't do 30 seconds. Bad news there.

So, when do I know when to take a rest day? I'm so bad a taking rest days, I don't think I've missed a day of running since I had the flu in November. That might have something to do with why I'm hurting, huh?! Still, I love the calorie burn from running to help with my weight loss efforts. What do I do?! Grrrr!

Meanwhile, there's a good chance of thunderstorms on Saturday morning, half marathon day. Hope things change!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails