Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Half Marathon on the Bike

Well, I decided to hold back on running either the half marathon or the 5K this morning. I knew I'd probably try to go faster than I should on the 5K race, and running the half marathon distance was out of the question.

So, I headed to the gym and hopped on the recumbent bike first. Several miles into the ride, I wondered if I could go 13.1 miles on the recumbent bike. I decided to give it a try and see how I felt. I ended up overshooting the half marathon distance to hit a multiple of 5s in the exercise minutes category. (It adds up to extra points earnings with SparkPeople and the Presidents Challenge to do multiple of 5s in exercise minutes. An odd little motivator, but there it is!)

1) Rode 13.35 miles (1 hr, 5min) on the recumbent bike
2) Walked 0.90 mile (15 min) on the treadmill
3) Ran 0.16 mile (2:07 min) on the treadmill--this I shouldn't have tried, especially last, after 90 minutes of working out already. I'm not quite ready for running action yet, so I'm relieved I didn't go to Raleigh for the races today. I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you got in a good workout, even if you didn't race today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails