Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting Ready for Tomorrow

I did an hour on the elliptical machine this morning. Decided to stay off the treadmill one more day, as I'll be running in the Jingle Bell Run in the morning. It looks to be a chilly, but pretty morning! The race starts at my old high school in Raleigh, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

A reader asked if I listen to the Phedippidations running podcast. What a conincidence, I just subscribed a couple of days ago and listened to this week's podcast yesterday! I really enjoyed hearing about this runner's experience with the 2007 Philadelphia Marathon, as I'd love to be able to run a marathon someday. He beat his last marathon time by several minutes, but was very disappointed that he didn't hit his big goal of breaking the 4 hour mark. He missed it by about a minute and a half---oh, so close! I felt that way with my last race, when I hoped to break 40 minutes and missed it by 13 seconds.

We'll see what tomorrow brings! I'll write a race report later this weekend.

2 comments:

kim said...

Good luck with your race this morning!

Lesley Looper said...

Thanks, Kim!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails