Friday, November 16, 2007

Pre-Race Day

This morning I overslept again, still feeling a little sleep deprived, so I did a 30-minute workout on the elliptical machine.

My next 5K is tomorrow, the Apex Turkey Trot. 5Ks are still a big deal for me, especially since I'm still working on improving my finish times and hitting landmarks. Tomorrow I hope to finish in under 40 minutes, and as I've learned from my weight loss journey, it's always fun to hit a new "decade." People in my age group tend to have finish times in the 20s to fairly low 30 minutes, so I'll feel like I've made even more progress when my finish time starts in a 3 too. Still, I'm excited about the progress I've made so far.

I was hoping my niece could run with me tomorrow, but she can't after all, as she's heading home early for Thanksgiving.

Look for a race report sometime over the weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails