Thursday, November 22, 2007

In Training

This morning I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill, for 1.7 miles (11:45/mi. pace)! It's been months since I've run twenty minutes outside of a race, so I'm excited about the progress. I've been looking at my running log on Cool Running, and have noticed that my mileage on non-race weeks is less than a 5K, so I've decided to run at least 5K (3.1 miles) per week to start building my mileage base. I've been wanting to increase my mileage, but since I hadn't put a number on it, it wasn't happening yet. So, I've run 3.46 miles already this week. Hmmmm, should I make it a 5-mile minimum per week? I haven't hit that mark since May and June, when I got sidelined with the plantar fasciitis. My foot is feeling a little sore this morning, probably because I've run three days in a row. I'll go light on the running for the rest of the week and see how it goes.

I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I've noticed that when I run first, my heartrate is up on the elliptical, and I tend to sweat more. I feel like I'm getting a better workout. I did raise the resistance to 9 during my elliptical workout for a little boost, while doing one of the gluteal programs. (I also did a .5 incline for part of my treadmill run.) I'm trying to get stronger for hills during races.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails