Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching up

Okay, I DID exercise yesterday, but wasn't in the blogging mood. I was still feeling pooped from the weekend, mostly, and felt like I did well to make it to the gym! I rode 4.63 miles in 36 minutes on the recumbent bike. Nothing spectacular. Bleh.

I had a 9:15 appointment with the orthopaedist yesterday to follow up on the IT Band Syndrome from the spring. She was glad to hear the leg is better, and was encouraging of my continuing to train for the marathon.

This morning, I headed for the gym again, planning to run some on the treadmill. I got there, and decided I couldn't pass up the cool temps and the big gray clouds. I was glad I had my Garmin Forerunner with me....I just put it on and started running in the neighborhood near my gym. It felt great to be outside, even if I still felt tired. My left foot's tender too, between the healing blister and the plantar fasciitis. I ended up going 1.75 miles in 31:12 minutes, pretty darn slow, but a good, head-clearing run/walk.

Afterward, I went inside the gym (finally!), and rode 5.81 miles in 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. Okay, my legs are a little sore from THAT! (It was a bit faster than I usually go!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails