Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rest Day Became Jillian's 30 Day Shred Video Day

Well, I had the day off from exercise today, a designated rest day, since I did my Saturday run yesterday due to today's forcasted snow that did indeed arrive (starting last night). I must admit, I usually don't take rest days very well, and Brennan doesn't assign them very often (which I'm usually glad of!). Still, I was a litle surprised when I started getting antsy late this afternoon, so I decided to pop open a video my sister gave me for Christmas, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Since I've been working out harder thanks to Brennan's planning my workouts, so I thought that a 20 minute workout on the video wouldn't be a big deal! Well, the 20 minute "Day 1" was a bigger deal than I expected!! I worked up a sweat, the jumping jacks were a challenge, and the upper body workout was harder than I expected, eventhough I just used 3 lb. weights that my sister also gave me for Christmas. (Eventhough I've used 5 and 10 pound weights at the gym, 3 pounders were plenty here!) It was a good workout, and I plan to do it again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails