Saturday, December 20, 2008

Shelley Lake Long Run

I slept in until 9 AM this morning, which is really unusual for me! I was quite surprised, really. After puttering around for a bit, then running by the library to pick up some books, I decided to run at nearby Shelley Lake, rather than going to the gym or to the American Tobacco Trail, one of my favorite long-run haunts of late. Earlier this week, I'd thought I'd try to run 6-7 miles today, but since I've got a lot to do this afternoon, I decided just to try to beat last week's long run. I ended up running 5.41 miles in 1 hour, 33 minutes, besting last week's long run by less than a 10th of a mile! Woohoo!

It was a nice day to be running out in the middle of the day. The sky was overcast, and temperatures were in the mid-50s, perfect for shorts and a shortsleeve tee-shirt. I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails