Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Putting in the Miles

I've been inspired of late to work harder on building my base mileage, so I got on the treadmill first again today, rather than biking first. I just start out more slowly on the treadmill to warm up. So, I went 4.01 miles on the treadmill in 47 minutes, for an 11:43 average pace. This is fast for me, so I'm pretty excited. Now my legs are a little sore, but it's a "good" sore. No surprise there. Then I hopped on the recumbent bike for 20 minutes and 4.66 miles. There are two recumbent bikes at the gym I go to in the mornings, and I'm suspicious that they may be calibrating distances diffferently. Hmmm, anyway, it's what I have to work with. Since biking's not my primary exercise, I'm not going to fret over it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails