Thursday, September 25, 2008

No Treadmill Today

My legs are still feeling tired this morning, and the plantar fasciitis in my left foot was peeping at me when I got up, so I decided to take a break from running today. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine instead (for 3.16 miles) and followed it with 20 minutes on the recumbent bike (for 3.46 miles).

Last evening I finally got around to exploring a website called MapMyRun.com, where you can map out routes, and the site will tell you distances. (I'd heard of it for a while, but hadn't gotten around to poking around on it.) You can save routes to your profile, and make them public or private. Once I got the hang of it, I could see that the site could be a lot of run in terms of creating new routes, or finding routes already added by others on the site. I've already got some good ideas of places to run around here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails