Saturday, September 20, 2008

Long Run Inside

I decided to take it easy on themy 10-mile run this morning. The Galloway group was going to run a hilly course, and my week was busy enough that I didn't feel like going there. So, I headed for the gym this morning to run on the treadmill. I had to break the runs into chunks, since the treadmill only lets me do an hour plus a few minutes of cool down. My total was 10.17 miles in 2:33:00, for a 15:02 pace! I did most of this on a 1-1.5% incline, so that it would be a little harder. I'm excited about the faster pace, even if it was on the treadmill.

I did do some walking, but I ran for the whole first hour, and it felt good to find out I could do that. Now, in the middle of the day, I am pretty tired and sore, but nothing that a nap won't cure. Okay, and maybe a bubble bath later. :D

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run! I read in my runners magazine a little about the difference about running on the open road and treadmill... they said that if you wanted to similate a road run on the treadmill to add an incline of 1-2% ... nice work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails