Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Deer Spotting

This morning I returned to my nearby running route, as I was feeling a bit sluggish and didn't want to drive far. I also wanted to be near the gym as a default workout.

I ended up going 1.84 miles in 32 minutes, not my best performance, but not my worst either. It felt pretty decent, overall. One of the most pleasant parts of the run/walk was seeeing a deer cross the road (to get to the other side, I suppose :>). Afterward, I stopped at the gym and rode the recumbent bike for 2.7 miles (15:03 minutes).

It seems like my Saturday long runs throw me into a funk, which takes me a couple of runs to come out of. Then we're back to Saturday, long run funk, two runs to recover mentally, then repeat. Huh. Need to figure out a way to get out of this cycle, physically and mentally.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails