Saturday, August 16, 2008

Partial Run

This morning I got up early and was at the gym before 6 AM to run on the treadmill for a while before my 9 AM meeting. I was scheduled to run 10 miles, but ended up doing 4.46 miles of (mostly) running, and then 1.7 miles on the recumbent bike before heading home to get ready for the all-day meeting at ERUUF.

I wish I'd had time to get the whole 10 in, but I was hard pressed to get up early enough to run 10 miles before 7:30 AM, giving me enough time to get ready and get to church in time. (It was a good meeting, and I'm glad I went.)

I watched the end of the women's Olympic marathon tonight, and it was very inspiring. I only caught the last couple miles of the gold medalist, but wow, how impressive! Constantina Tomescu Dita from Romania won in 2:26:44, and is the oldest woman to win the Olympic marathon! Wow!

Yesterday I emailed a lady about the Anna's Angels 10-Miler, which I was considering signing up for. (Since I've run 10 miles or more a few times, I thought it would be a good experience to try a race.) I noticed that the awards ceremony is going to be 2 hours after the race starts, so I emailed the contact person to see if I could run in it, eventhough I knew I couldn't finish it in under 2 hours. (I wasn't worried about being in medal contention!) She replied that the course closed after a couple of hours for safety's sake, so the 5K might be a better option for me. *sigh*

I'm planning to run again in the morning to round out the week's mileage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails