Saturday, August 02, 2008

Galloway Scavenger Hunt

This morning's marathon training run with the Galloway group was the annual scavenger hunt, this time at the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh. Luckily (for the artwork!) we ran on a trail around the museum and on a nearby greenway, where we had to take pictures to show that we found clues on a sheet of paper.



We used my digital camera, which is how I got the pictures here. Although several more were taken, these are my favorites!








Another picture of my pace group-pretty neat, huh?








Although this wasn't a scavenger clue, it's also along the art museum trail. I though it was interesting, and I was glad I had my camera handy.





Toward the end of the mileage, Gloria (who was behind me with a few other folks) called up to say they were going to the Cloud Chamber. I turned around, followed the sign, and headed down this trail, trying to catch up with them. I came to a spot where I had to choose between going left or right, and there wasn't another sign. I could hear some (non-distressed) voices in the distance and called out, but didn't hear anything back. I decided to turn around and head back to the parking lot and my car.

I ended up clocking 9.71 miles in 3 hours, which included time to stop and take pictures, as well as once when I stopped my Garmin and forgot to restart it. I don't feel as tired now as I did last Saturday, but my feet hurt a good bit during this morning's run. The plantar fasciitis in my left foot stretched out eventually, but the burning in my right foot (under the toe bridge) was a nagging (and sometimes sharp) pain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails