Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Short workout last night

Last night, I worked out for 15 minutes and decided to call it a night. It was getting late, and I wanted to get home in time to call a friend on the phone and catch up. As I got off the elliptical machine, I felt a little guilty, but decided that wouldn't do me any good! I deserve and need to keep in touch with friends!

I need to keep working on this whole thing of keeping up with relationships, taking time for cleaning and errands, getting enough rest and even enough waking time for myself. I need to stay focused with the diet and exercise too. This morning, one of the nurses at the Rice House and I were talking about it all, and how I'm the only client there who's working and dealing with more day-to-day issues of being at home and at work. No one else is working, and nearly everyone else is staying in a hotel room, which is cleaned by someone else on a regular basis. Of course, they still have to deal with some things I do, like dirty laundry, and some things I don't, like being away from their home base. That can be stressful, but it can be liberating too. Perhaps I'm getting a head start on dealing with taking better care of myself in my home base environment.

My phone call ended up being a wise choice. The gal I called had run in her first half marathon over Labor Day Weekend, the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Virginia Beach. She said it was really hard, but that she's really proud of herself--as well she should be! It has me wondering if I can do it too. Perhaps this could be part of my newest motivation to keep on keepin' on. I need to find some shorter goals, though. When is my next 5K?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails