Friday, September 15, 2006

Morning workout

I exercised a whole hour this morning before breakfast, since George and I have plans tonight to go to a public stargazing put on by the Duke Physics Department. It felt good to complete my workout before breakfast, in case I don't make it back to the gym this evening. I was down another six tenths of a pound this morning, yippee! This afternoon I have a follow-up appointment with my primary care physician, and I'm looking forward to seeing her this time. I think she'll be pleased with my progress. I was down another six tenths of a pound this morning at my daily weigh-in. Sometimes I wish we didn't have to weigh in EVERY day with the Rice Diet, but it's good accountability.

I spent the whole hour on the elliptical, and increased the resistance to make it a more challenging workout. I'm a little sore now, just enough soreness to feel good.

I've been on a mission lately, looking for healthy choices on local restaurant menus online as I look forward to eating away from the Rice House. I hope to be eating at the Rice House for a while longer, and I'll be cooking more at home. However, I miss the convenience and fun of being able to eat out with friends. Asian restaurants like Neo-China look like my best bet so far, as they offer steamed vegetables and steamed rice without sodium-high things like soy sauce and MSG added. At other places, I may have to be a "difficult" customer and special order some things. I do find grilled salmon on a number of menus, and some places have healthy sides. I think the salmon will be a yummy choice as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails