Thursday, September 14, 2006

Latest workouts

Last night, I did the elliptical for 15 minutes, all I could take at the time, so I got on the indoor track there at the Duke Fitness Center, and alternated walking and jogging each lap for another 15 minutes. Sometimes I have to give myself permission to change things up! It felt good to jog again, although when I caught myself in the reflection of the windows, I didn't really like the way I looked running. I'll have to block that image out of my head for now, and do it anyway.

Adding some jogging to my workout has me thinking, what's a reasonable goal for being prepared for my next 5K. How prepared do I want to be? For starters, I want to improve last April's 5K time. I would love to be able to jog 3.1 miles on the treadmill to get a better idea of my time. I'll have to work on to that, though. I can do 3.1 miles on the elliptical in less than 45 minutes.

I got up early this morning and did 45 minutes on the elliptical, which felt great. I'm a little tired, but can still function well. I plan to get more exercise this evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails