Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tired Workout

I was still a bit tired from yesterday's 6.2-mile run when I got up this morning, a bit surprising, since I had a good nap yesteday and slept well last night. I've been pondering about this since I had several 10+ mile training runs before the half marathon, and I feel like I should be up to snuff on a 10k! Some possibilities I've come up with so far:

1) Residual tiredness from the half marathon race
2) I need to continue to work on my endurance
3) I need to work on recovery, with food, stretching, both, or something else
4) Maybe it's an overall nutritional thing

I did run about 7 miles more than I did last week, though last week was my first week off the half marathon, so it was all about recovery and taking it easy. My total mileage this past week was 21.34 miles, not huge, and actually a little less than my average week for October. Ah, well.

This morning, I started with the recumbent bike, riding for 30 minutes and 5.35 miles. Then I ran for 21 minutes and 1.71 miles on the treadmill, with a 1% incline. That's a 12:16 m/m average pace, my best for the week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails