Saturday, November 01, 2008

Pre-Race Day

It felt good to sleep in my own bed last night, and to go to my regular gym this morning! Vacation was great--don't get me wrong!! But, it's nice to return to my regular routine a bit.

I ended up going a little longer than I meant to on the treadmill, 25 minutes for 2.02 miles at a 1% incline. It felt good to run, but I finally made myself stop! To round things out, I rode on the recumbent bike for 6 minutes and 1.02 miles.

After the workout, I went to the ladies restroom, and low and behold, there was a WIG hanging from one of the hooks! It caught me by surprise, to say the least! :D

From there, I went to Cary to get my Weight Watchers weigh-in for the week in. I usually go to meetings near work during the week, but since I missed this past Wednesday, and that location is on the other side of Durham from where I live, the Cary location turned out to be closer. According to the scales, I'm down 3.2 lbs from my last weigh-in about a week and a half ago! Mind you, this time I was in workout clothes and hadn't eaten anything today, and when I weigh in after work, I'm in work clothes and jewelry, and have had a couple of meals by the time I weigh in. So, probably not much of a difference, really, but okay since I've been on vacation.

Tomorrow's the race I've been working toward for months, the City of Oaks Half Marathon. I'm excited, and pretty nervous! I'm going to the expo in a while, which should be fun. I've never been in a race big enough to have an expo. Wow.

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

Wishin' you the best on race day!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails