Thursday, November 06, 2008

Here's to Running!




















I was just looking at my Flickr pictures, and noticed the difference in these two shots. Interesting contrast in a lot of ways.

The top picture was taken April 8, 2006, before the first 5K I did in this running life. I came in last place in the recreational division of the Cary Road Race 5K, in a little under an hour. They pulled the time clock down right behind me. (As it happens, this was about four months before I checked into the Rice Diet Program.)

The bottom picture was taken this past Sunday, November 2, on the course of the City of Oaks Half Marathon.

3 comments:

Pokey said...

HUGE CONGRATS on your first HM!!! That is awesome!!!

And your pics are amazing...what a difference a couple years of running can make ;) Keep it up!!!

Queen Sarah said...

Awesome ~ dramatic difference between the photos! You are an athlete now, and it shows in that photo.

I sometimes don't even look at the photos they try to sell you from races, but recently I happened to look at some. My daughter had joined me to walk/run the end of a marathon with me, as she does sometimes, and she was in some of the photos, so I bought one to give her for Christmas. While I was at it, I bought one of myself, because I was proud of how I looked. That is unusual. But what a cool thing! Keep up the running! We rock!

teacherwoman said...

Wow! You look like a completely different person in the second picture! All that hard work! AWESOME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails