Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Change of Scenery

Today I slept in a bit, then went to a different gym to work out. I always enjoy going to the Duke Fitness Center, though it's a farther drive for me now. There are always plenty machines, plus there are lots of windows (love the natural light) AND an indoor and outdoor track. I also enjoy the pool and hot tub! I went today, planning to do some cardio and then enjoy the pool and hot tub, but I ended up getting there later than expected, and felt spent after a hard 65 minutes (5.44 miles and over 600 calories burned) on the elliptical machine. It was heading toward 1 PM by that time, and I was ready to go home and fix some lunch. I hope to get back for the hot tub soon!

I missed running in the Coach Bubba 4 Mile this morning, but I'm glad I didn't risk it. The groin pull is better, but not well yet.

1 comment:

kim said...

I was going to ask how Coach Bubba went - it sounds like you were smart to miss it. I missed it too. The Great Human Race in Durham at the end of March is a nice course...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails