Thursday, November 02, 2006

Exercise and diet

Two mornings in a row of 65 minutes on the elliptical, and I can tell I'm getting stronger. Can also tell I need to shake things up a bit with the machines. I like the elliptical a lot, especially the calories I burn while I'm on it, but it's time for a change of pace, at least for a bit.

My meals at the Rice House are a topic of conversation, I was reminded this morning. Typically, I have rice (brown if available, or white) with my standard mix-ins of low-sodium tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, onions, and bran. (Depending on the meal, I have my one or two servings of fruits/vegetables too.) This morning, a lady sitting near me asked what I was doing (and pointing to my rice and add-ons), and as I explained it she rolled her eyes, and the lady across from me reminded her that I was the one they were talking about. She replied, "Oh yes, you were the one we were talking about!" This isn't the first time fellow Ricers have looked at my concoction in some form of disbelief, nor is it the first time I've learned my food options have been talked about, but it still catches me off guard a bit. Everything I'm adding to my rice is ON the Rice Diet, and it's tasty and filling to me! And I try to be discreet and not make a production out of my mixings, but I do sit up tall and hold my head high....nothing to be embarassed about, and I've stuck with the Rice Diet! Okay, so maybe my concoction is a little different looking, but not gross. :) Perhaps this is just more "real world" practice for me, since there will surely be times when I have to eat differently from other people after I'm not eating at the Rice House anymore. I may get odd looks, but as long as I don't make a production out of it and stay positive, my health (present and future) is more important than others' opinions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails