Thursday, November 23, 2006

Morning walk

This morning, since the gyms are closed for Thanksgiving, I walked the cross country trail (5K long) near the golf course at Duke. The ground was still wet, and it was cloudy and cool, but it was still a nice morning to be out. The course is fairly hilly, so it was a great workout for me this morning. ( I finished the course in 65 minutes.) There were a few others out and about on the trail too, so it was nice not to be doing it all alone. There was a tree down in the trail from the recent storms, so it lent a woodsy atmosphere to my walk. The mile and kilometer marker signs are also a wonderful touch and helped keep me going. Since I have the rest of the week off, I may go back to the trail again before the week's out.

I missed being able to watch "The Biggest Loser" last night. It was prempted by a Madonna show. I passed on that, as I'm not really a Madonna fan.

Today I'll be eating lunch at the Rice House. George will be eating with me, which is very nice of him! Afterward, we'll be going to visit his family in Cary for a bit. His parents are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at their home this year.


Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails