Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Running Today, Plus the Gym

This morning I rejoined the Galloway running group for a 10-miler and the annual Scavenger Hunt. I was still feeling a little tired, but wanted to see everyone. I enjoyed talking about the marathon experience, though in retrospect I was pretty negative about it on the run. It was fun seeing everyone, though. The Scavenger Hunt allowed us to stop every so often and take pictures of our group in front of various things along the route. I enjoyed the chance to take a breather. The route was in two sections, and I decided to stop after 4.84 miles (1:31:31).

After the run, a number of us gathered at the Starbucks on Lake Boone Trail, and the marathon experience got retold there, with a more positive spin. It was nice to get some feedback and encouragement there, as well as to be a part of other running conversations. Good company.

After lunch, I decided I have some kick left in me, so I went to the gym and rode 6.25 miles (35:03 min) on the recumbent bike, followed by 1.05 miles (15:13 min) on the treadmill.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails